We have reached our goal of $40,000.00!!!
We will be able to start the restoration work needed on the organ within the next few months. We will even be able to restore the keyboards which have some cracked and chipped keys. This has all been accomplished in the past 2 years through 2 fund-raising concerts and many donations, both small and large, from church members and others.
On Friday Nov.22nd we signed a contract with Austin Organ, Inc.to do the
restoration work that is needed.
Thank you to all who have helped to make this possible!!
An update about the Organ Restoration Fund
A Word About Our Organ Restoration Project
Here are some interesting facts about our organ & the restoration it needs:
- This is the third organ our church has had since the church was founded.
- It was purchased in 1959 as a rebuilt organ from The Austin Organ Company.
- The console is original and dates back to 1915.
- The pipes are in good condition at this time.
- The leather covered playing actions in the organ continue to work at this time but they are approaching the end of their lives. 50 years of continuous use is considered excellent for the life of organ leather and ours are now approaching 60 years. They will probably begin to fail within the next five to ten years. This is our biggest concern as the organ is unusable without these leathers. It is also the most expensive part of the restoration needed.
We know our organ is well made & well maintained by the Austin Organ Co. Everyone who plays it is very impressed by it. It is considered a “ Cadillac “ of pipe organs.
Anyone who wishes to donate may make checks payable to the Congregational Church of Plainville, for the Organ Restoration Fund. They can be mailed to the church, at 130 W. Main St., Plainville, CT, 06062.
In the News…
Click here to read the wonderful article about our kick-off fundraising even event “An Afternoon of Beautiful Music” from the New Britain Herald.
Listen below to our kick-off fundraising even event “An Afternoon of Beautiful Music” featuring our amazing Organ.