Our Church participates in the Scrip program through UnitedScrip. Dedicated volunteers receive orders following worship on Sunday morning and Scrip cards are generally ready by Wednesday of that week. Our treasurer will provide quarterly statements of your tax deductible charitable contributions to the church through this program. Here is how it works:
- Print the form provided through this article
- Decide which gift cards you would like, in which denominations (be sure to check because some cards are for on-line use) and fill out the form
- Write a check, payable to The Congregational Church of Plainville, UCC in the amount to which your order totals and bring it and your form in on Sunday morning.
- You will receive your gift card that week, on Wednesday evening, for the full amount ordered
- Each merchant from which you order will contribute an amount (listed in parenthesis on the order form) to the church for which the IRS has ruled you will get the charitable contribution credit!
1 a provisional certificate of money subscribed to a bank or company, entitling the holder to a formal certificate and dividends.
- now also known as a “gift card.”
This program is a win-win for all involved – and, can be used in combination with other discounts. For example, a gift card for Shell gas purchased through this program can be used in conjunction with any discounts you may get for shopping at Stop & Shop, for which you can also purchase a card using this program. Three discounts for something you might do anyway as a matter of course!
To download the Scrip order form, click here.